National Assessment Panels
Assessment and certification is managed through industry/occupation specific NAPs that are comprised of skilled experts in the various occupational areas. These panels include representatives from the industry, and are responsible for the development of national assessment materials.
Their membership requirements are as follows:
- up to date knowledge of the relevant industry and its practices;
- knowledge of the unit standards, curriculum modules, Competency Based Education, Training & Assessment & Certification Systems, candidates’ characteristics etc.;
- sound understanding of CBA policies, procedures, principles and regulations; the Vocational Education and Training Act; the Vocational Education & Training Policy; and related aspects.
The NAPs are responsible for the:
- development and maintenance of national assessment materials;
- recognition of Prior Learning (RPL);
- appointment of assessors, moderators and establish assessment venues;
- moderation and verification of assessment processes and results.