The Namibia Training Authority, through its Assessment & Certification Division is responsible for the coordination of the National Assessment and Certification Processes for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) System. This mandate is inclusive of both the Competency-Based Assessment (CBA) and the National Trade Testing & Certification (NTTC) System on Training Standards & Schemes, of which Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is mutually inclusive.
The NTA’s Assessment and Certification Division performs a wide range of functions, inter alia:
Other functions include providing feedback on all aspects with regard to national assessment to/from the NTA Management, Board, Industry Skills Committees, Standard Assessment & Certification Council, Namibia Qualifications Authority; and the issuing of Statements of Achievement and/or certificates based on credits accumulation within different occupational areas and levels of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The division also compiles, updates, manage and maintain National Records of Learning for the NQF.
Please click here to access the NTA Assessment & Certification Portal.
The Namibia Training Authority is responsible for the National Assessment for the purposes of national certification, credit accumulation, credit transfer, RPL and other reasons for various occupational areas within the NQF.
Amongst others, the following are the key requirements of the CBET Assessment:
Assessment is managed through industry/occupation specific panels that are comprised of skilled experts in the various occupational areas. These panels include representatives from industry and are responsible for the development of national assessment tools and instruments. Membership requirements are as follows:
The NAPs are responsible for the development, quality assurance, moderation, verification, review and maintenance of national assessment tools and instruments, including Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by avoiding conflict of interest at all times and strictly adhering to the Principles of Assessment. The NTA has developed a range of national assessment tools and instruments (materials) for a wide array of occupational areas for both the CBA and NTTC. These materials can only be administered by the assessment centres and assessors and or moderators who have been registered by the NTA.
To qualify for registration as an assessor, moderator or assessment designer within the VET system, an individual must:
• Be acquainted with the VET Act and related legislatives including Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Standards.
• Be regarded as a subject matter expert. It is required that an assessor/moderator/designer must have a qualification in the subject matter field of at least one level higher than the level on which the assessment would be conducted.
• Have a minimum of four years working experience within the relevant industry.
• Have successfully completed the prescribed assessor, moderator or assessment designer training programme through an organisation registered with the NQA, SAQA or an equivalent quality assurance body.
• Sign and undertake to adhere to the assessor/moderator/ or assessment designer code of conduct as relevant.
• Apply on the prescribed form to the NTA for registration on the National Register for VET Assessors, moderators or assessment designers.
• Annually undertake initiatives to ensure that their subject-matter expertise remains current.
It is a prerequisite for an assessor to be qualified in an assessor training programme; a moderator to be qualified in an assessor and moderator training programme; and assessment designer in assessor, moderator and designer training programme; acquired from an accredited or registered institution.
The NTA’s Registration, Monitoring and Support Division coordinates and administers the registration of assessors, moderators and assessment designers. If you meet the requirements and want to join the growing fray of assessors, moderators and assessment designers, contact us at 061-2078557.
The registration application form can be downloaded through the link below:
Assessor, Moderator and Assessment Designer Registration – Application Form
The following fees are payable for CBA (inclusive of psychometric, cognitive and effective abilities):
The following fees are payable for TAS (NTTC):
The NTA’s Assessment and Certification Division coordinates and administers all assessment and related processes.
Contact us at 061-2078 200, with any questions and enquiries you may have.
10 Rand Street,
Phone: +264 61 207 8550
Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 70407, Khomasdal, Windhoek, Namibia